Existing Aircraft Noise
- Existing scenario (82 daily flight operations)
- Future Baseline High (123 daily flight operations)
- Future Vision 2030 scenario (180 daily flight operations)
- Under existing conditions (82 daily flight operations), the airport noise contour is below the 55 the day-night average sound level (LDN) level and does not affect any population centres around the airport.
- The existing noise analysis also shows that the 75 LDN level contour is 95% contained within the airport boundary as recommended by ICAO and FAA criteria.
- A small portion (5%) of this 75 LDN contour extends to the Port Royal Main Road.
- According to the Future Baseline High scenario, the 55 LDN noise contour extends to Port Henderson, affecting 560 people.
- According to the Future Vision 2030 scenario, the 55 LDN noise contour extends to Port Henderson, affecting 8,474 people.
Existing LDN Noise Contours for the NMIA (82 Daily Flights)
Future Baseline High Scenario LDN Noise Contours for the NMIA (123 Daily Flights)
Two (2) noise mitigation strategies for departures from Runway 30 (when traffic and aircraft operational conditions permit), are recommended:
- Reduced Thrust Settings
- Noise Abatement departures to the west